The City of Charlevoix, also known as Charlevoix the Beautiful, is located in Charlevoix County in beautiful northwest Michigan. The City borders picturesque Round Lake, Lake Michigan, and Lake Charlevoix. Charlevoix first became a village in 1871 and was later established as a city in 1905. Charlevoix has a year round population of roughly 3,000 people. The population increases dramatically in the summer months due to tourism and the high number of vacation/seasonal homes. In addition to the typical services offered by cities, Charlevoix is also proud to provide residents and visitors a municipal airport, golf course, marina, ski hill, skateboard park, performance pavilion, four beaches, and seven parks.
Charlevoix City Hall
- The City has lifted the Run Water Order, effective noon of April 15th. Click here to view the announcement.
- The City is currently hiring for seasonal positions. Click here for more information.
- The City is in the process of adopting the 2015-16 budget which would begin April 1, 2015. City Council will be having a public hearing on February 16 at 7PM. Copies of the budget can be viewed at City Hall. Click here to review a presentation summary of the budget.
The office of Emergency Management for Charlevoix County is offering a free message alert system. This is a text and voice message alert system that will be used as one means of providing emergency alerts, timely warnings, and informing the community of major problems. Get signed up at https://bealert.smartmsg.com
- Need a ride somewhere? Check out the new Northern Michigan Ride Share site through the NW Michigan Council of Governments.
- Click here to review the City's Disposable Materials Pickup Policy.
- In order to meet the requirements of the State of Michigan Public Act 63 of 2011 and qualify for payment under the Economic Vitality Incentive Program established by the Act, the City of Charlevoix has developed a Employee Compensation Plan. Click here to review plan.
- Citizens interested in energy efficiency and cost savings can read the Ecoathome magazine. Click here to download the current issue.
- Click here for the Citizen's Guide to Local Finances. This is an overview of the City's financial position.
- Click here for the City's Performance Dashboard. This document shows the City's fiscal stability, economic strengths and quality of life.
- Click here for the City's Debt Service Report.
- Click here for the City's Cooperation, Collaboration and Consolidation of Services Plan.
- Click here for the City’s Unfunded Accrued Liability Plan.