Roads & Weather
Annually effective December 1st until April 1st, vehicles shall not park on City streets from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. Cars/trailers are asked to be off the streets and City parking lots to permit the removal of snow and ice from City streets. If you park on the streets, your car may be ticketed.
Charlevoix City Code, Title VII, Chapter 70.04 Excerpt from Uniform Traffic Code for Cities, Townships and Villages, Section 8.25 is amended to state: Section 8.25. All night parking. Unless otherwise marked, the following standards apply between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., Sundays through Saturdays, annually, from December 1 to the following April 1, on-street parking for vehicles, trailers, equipment, etc. shall only be permitted on all public streets within the city only as follows:
- Odd-numbered dates. On all odd-numbered dates, all vehicles shall be parked on the odd-numbered side of the street. The "odd-numbered side of the street" shall mean the side of the public street that is adjacent to properties that are designated by odd-numbered addresses.
- Even-numbered dates. On all even-numbered dates, all vehicles shall be parked on the even-numbered side of the street. The "even-numbered side of the street" shall mean the side of the public street that is adjacent to the properties that are designated by even-numbered addresses.
Overnight parking is not allowed on the following streets at any time:
- Belvedere Avenue
- Ferry Avenue
- Burns Street from Petoskey Avenue to Division Street
- West Carpenter Street
- Division Street
- West Garfield Avenue from Bridge Street to Grant Street
- Grant Street
- West Hurlbut Avenue between Bridge Street and State Street
- May Street between East Carpenter Avenue from Bridge Street to May Street and East Garfield Avenue
- Bridge Street to May Street
- Meech Street
- Michigan Avenue between Division Street and Petoskey Avenue
- State Street
Overnight parking in designated city lots may be allowed by permit only. Residents with a parking permit may park overnight in marked areas in the Dewitt lot; the Central lot; and the Kusina lot. Otherwise the maximum time for parking in city lots shall be 24 hours.
Please review the finalized Snow Ordinance attached below.
We do not provide area weather forecasts ourselves. In Northern Michigan, that would be a full time job. However, here is a link that will give you up to date Northern Michigan Weather.