Interested in helping to make your community a better place? We have openings for Charlevoix Main Street Teams or you could help with individual projects or tasks that suit you! Help a little or get very involved.…it’s up to you! The success of Charlevoix Main Street depends on the support of the people who live here and care about improving and preserving their Downtown. Main Street is a grass-roots community volunteer effort!
Enhances the image of Downtown and encourages consumers, residents and investors to live, work, have fun, and invest in Downtown by raising the level of awareness through:
- District-wide advertising
- Marketing and public relation campaigns
Capitalizes on Downtown’s historic buildings and pedestrian-oriented streets to create an inviting downtown atmosphere through attractive buildings, streetscape improvements, and signage.
Quality Design is encouraged through:
- Appropriate new construction
- Context sensitive design and planning
- Education and technical assistance about good maintenance practices
- Rehabilitation of historic buildings
Economic Vitality Committee
Strengthens downtown’s existing economic assets while expanding and diversifying its economic base by encouraging the conversion of underutilized commercial space into economically productive property. ER helps sharpen the competitiveness of existing businesses through education and recruits compatible new businesses and economic uses to ensure that Downtown is economically successful and more responsive to today’s consumers.
To carry out the mission of the organization for continued revitalization of Downtown, the Organization Committee does the following:
- Manages the program’s finances
- Manages staff and volunteers
- Promotes the program to stakeholders and the community
- Raises funds for activities and administration