Live on the Lake is brought to you by Charlevoix Main Street DDA with support from area sponsors.
View the Summer Concerts calendar.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
East Park Odmark Performance Pavilion
2020 Concert Lineup
|The Villager Pub|
|Kilwin’s of Charlevoix|
|Kilwin’s of Charlevoix|
Covid Preparedness Plan
GUEST SIGNAGE AND DIRECTION:
- Flags will be placed throughout the park indicating properly distanced seating spaces
- Signs will be posted directing guests to follow flag markers for seating and to maintain other proper safety practices (wear masks, stay apart, wash and sanitize)
- A banner will be placed atop the band shell directing guests to follow flag markers for seating and to maintain other proper safety practices (wear masks, stay apart, wash and sanitize)
- Safe practice reminders, including indicating locations to closest sanitizing stations and restrooms to wash hands, will be made during the show announcements by staff/volunteers
SUMMARY OF CDC GUIDELINE IMPLEMENTATION
- Masks: required by staff/volunteers/performers when interacting with others and moving-about; asked to be worn by guests when interacting with others, finding their seat or moving-about
- Social Distancing: maintained by staff/volunteers/performers once set-up completed; indicated by flagged areas to maintain distanced seating for guest groups
- Sanitization: frequently touched bandshell-areas and sound equipment sanitized before and after use; indication of hand washing and sanitization stations for guests through concert introduction announcements
- Requirement Postings: banner and signage throughout park entrances indicating requirements and safe-practices; reiterated through concert introduction announcements
City Band Schedule
The very popular Charlevoix City Band will be performing this summer in a slightly different manner, but the “band will play on”! Because of the distance restrictions and the average age of the band members, we have decided to enrich the public with several small ensembles from members of the band.
The City Band board and its director, Tom Harder decided, after much thoughtful communication, that an ensemble type concert series would benefit not only the performers but also the audience. When the audience is listening to a large group, such as the sixty-five piece city band, they miss out on the experience of hearing the unique sound of each instrument. So, it was decided that we would give the audiences a new way of listening to the Charlevoix City Band. The band itself is unique because it has been in existence and a constant in East Park for over one hundred years. Through the years, many different performers have come and gone during special occasions, festivals, and now the Thursday night concert series. However, Charlevoix City Band has always been a favorite performing group of local musicians, volunteering their time and talents so Charlevoix could be entertained with “Concerts In The Park”.
This year the ensemble groups from the City Band will begin performing on July 7 at 8:00 pm. And run through August 25.
The scheduled ensembles and dates they will perform are as follows:
- July 7……The Low Brass Link
- July 14…..Foghorn Jazz
- July 21…..Pine River Jazz
- July 28…..French Horn Delight plus Hype (from CMHS)
- August 4…..Northern Michigan Flute Choir (and friends) and Clarinets on the Loose
- August 11….Clack Quintet and Lake Michigan Pipers (flutes)
- August 18….Northern Symphonic Winds
- August 25….Castle Brass Quintet and Saxophone Sensations